Digital Marketing Specialist — Advisor Marketing
JOB OBJECTIVES AND SUMMARY:
The Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS) primary role is to provide & assist head office staff coordinate internal and external digital projects and facilitate the ongoing adoption and updates of IPC’s Advisor website and E-Newsletter (E-Wealth Report) programs. They will have applied knowledge of user experience and best practices and will apply these to overall day-to-day management of all IPC’s Digital Properties.
A successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate their experience creating, updating and optimizing websites using front end technologies. They will have experience developing and implementing SEO strategies and be responsible for reporting and providing strategic recommendations. They will be the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding training, maintenance and enhancements for key online properties and will be responsible for promoting digital technology and use of the web as a marketing channel.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
RESPONSIBILITY: Digital Strategy Oversight and Implementation (70%)
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day management and support of Advisor websites and E-Newsletter Program including:
- Acting as primary point of contact and support for Advisor digital requests, internal and external business stakeholders and providing internal user training.
- Working with key internal stakeholders to coordinate, produce and optimize content via Content Management System (CMS).
- Ensuring best practice and compliance to guidelines.
- Proactively looking for optimization opportunities and promoting adoption of Advisor website and E-Newsletter program.
- Monitoring traffic and site behaviour to improve site usability.
- Act as the Content Management System expert by staying abreast on all new & existing capabilities and performing continuous training. With this in-depth knowledge, propose new ideas & formats to better serve Advisors.
- Primary point of contact for internal & external stakeholders regarding maintenance and enhancements to improve user experience for key online properties. Fielding all calls & inquiries about the new requests, changes, reporting, etc.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders & suppliers to conceive and spec out new and improved digital marketing strategies that meet stated goals.
- Research new technologies for continually improving our web marketing services offering.
- Keep up to date on trends in digital marketing/promotion and introduce new options for increasing visibility and effectiveness of the website and intranet.
RESPONSIBILITY: Projects (30%)
- Perform keyword research, competitive research and on page copywriting for SEO;
- Promote digital technology and use of the web as a marketing channel, as well as articulate the benefits of an optimized user experience to business stakeholders.
- Assist in trouble shooting data collection issues to help ensure tracking and reporting is functioning optimally, maintain reports and work with partners to enhance data collection capabilities as needed.
- Build demonstrated relationships with Marketing & Communications teams as well as members of other departments, including IT & Senior Leadership.
- Contribute to innovation and thought leadership in the practice of digital analytics and marketing operations.
- Provide online competitive research & analysis by leveraging internal and external resources to gather relevant industry benchmarks for website metrics.
- Special digital projects as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Professional Experience - Minimum 5 years experience in interactive digital marketing, with a focus on applied digital metrics and analysis.
Education Requirements – University or college degree in Digital Marketing, web development or related area. Formal training in HTML is an asset.
Communication - Superior communication, organizational and project management skills with excellent presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of the organization; a high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and flexibility.
Organizational skills and time management – Proven ability to work independently and exercise good judgment. Must be self-motivated and entrepreneurial and be able to hit the ground running with a positive attitude. Must be quick learners to assimilate to social media and technology changes as they occur. They must also thrive under pressure, as this position is often demanding. Demonstrated attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/responsibilities
Ability to multi-task – Ability to oversee/manage multiple projects effectively and a capacity for dealing with tight deadlines. Able to execute numerous tasks in a variety of areas simultaneously as the tasks have variables unto themselves. Excellent creative thinking and analytical skills. High level of leadership & managerial skills.
Computer software -
- Comfortable with all Microsoft Office programs and Internet applications (CMS platforms, Google Analytics, Adwords).
- Experience using the Liferay CMS would be considered a great asset.
- Specialized training, completed coursework and/or internship experience related to Digital Marketing
- Must possess knowledge of social networking sites, viral marketing and affiliate program techniques.
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.