Accounts Receivable Administrator (Contract) - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Contract)
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Contract) — Finance
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
We’re seeking an Accounts Receivable Administrator to join our Finance/Accounting team – someone who is a team player, has a customer-focus, and motivated to grow their accounting career in the financial industry.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Accounts Receivable Administrator role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Accounts Receivable Administrator?
- Coordinating with multiple departments to receive billing information that is to be uploaded into Sage (Accpac) and generate invoices
- Preparation of billing for payroll, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Responding to inquiries from advisors, head office departments and any other stakeholders in a professional and timely manner
- Accounting tasks could include processing fixed assets’ capital invoices and monthly amortization, short-term investments, withholding taxes and bank reconciliations
- Helping the team out with shared bank activities of processing fund transfers, wire payments, cheques, monitoring bank activity, and any other ad-hoc tasks and projects
What traits and competencies should an Accounts Receivable Administrator possess?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain good working relationships with customers as well as various internal departments
- Attention to detail and accuracy when handling large data spreadsheets in a fast-paced environment
- Handling advisor inquiries in a timely manner, meeting accounting deadlines and any ad-hoc requests / project work without compromising quality of work
- Embraces change and questions the status quo with a growth mindset of wanting to continuously improve existing processes
- Interested in learning new technologies and leveraging them to enhance client experiences
- Thinking critically and using sound judgment when serving clients
What are the preferred qualifications for an Accounts Receivable Administrator?
- Post-secondary education preferably in Business or Accounting required
- Working towards a CPA designation
- Experience in the financial industry is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Excel functions such as formulas (VLookUp, SumIf), pivot tables, charts etc, with a willingness to put effort into learning and improving one’s skills in Microsoft Office and other applications
- Working knowledge of Sage (Accpac) and SAP is preferred
- Proven interest in putting the client first
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to listen actively, understand and give advice
- Goal and Growth oriented at an individual and team level
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.