Advisor Services Specialist - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Advisor Services Specialist (8 Month Contract)
Advisor Services Specialist (8 Month Contract) — Operations, MFDA
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
As part of the IGM family of companies, we are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Operations MFDA team is currently growing! We’re seeking an Advisor Services Specialist - Investigations. This role is a unique, hybrid role that incorporates the knowledge of the MFDA Platform and industry while being the point of escalation, looking for ways to improve service delivery and assisting with the implementation of new initiatives.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Advisor Services Specialist role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Advisor Services Specialist?
- Provide effective incident, and problem management along with proactive management of the system while providing timely and accurate reports to management and end-users
- Ensures that all production applications are up to date and compliant with IPC standards. Examples include scheduling, coordinating, and performing system maintenance; and coordinating system upgrades, which may include testing of overall input/output of the back-office software application including ad hoc enhancement releases/projects, as needed
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners in order to resolve any issues.
- Identify trends of re-occurring, ongoing and/or regular challenges that are experienced by the Advisors and Internal partners
- Identify any areas for improvement in policies and procedures
- Participation and on time delivery of various corporate projects and ad-hoc requests
- Participation in any specialized projects that requires internal team support
- Assist in the development and execution of test cases and deployment
- Recognize and contribute to process improvement opportunities intended to benefit the team with an impact to the heightened service delivery through active engagement with management
- Recognize any issues with potential for unforeseen risk to IPC or the client
- Ensure potential issues or operational risks are tracked and escalated in a timely manner.
- Identifies business process improvements for the benefit of IPC Operations and internal and external clients
- Develop or maintain written documentation that is clear, understandable, audience appropriate and accurately captures the key information required for a quality solution that meets business needs.
What are the preferred qualifications for an Advisor Services Specialist?
- Possess a minimum of 5-7 years of experience within an operations environment, working with the MFDA platform
- Knowledge of relevant MFDA back-office software solutions is an asset
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work on multiple projects
- Must be resourceful with the ability to thoroughly conduct research and analysis on issues related to Dealer Operations
- Ability to work on multiple projects effectively and a capacity for dealing with tight deadlines
- Communicate clearly and concisely the goals and objectives of the organization to all stakeholders.
- Must be extremely proficient at using the Microsoft Office suite of products, mainly MS Word and Excel
- College or University Financial Business studies preferred
- Completion of CSC/IFIC is an asset
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
- Awesome hybrid working environment
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.