Application System Analyst - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Application System Analyst
Application System Analyst — Information Technology
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Platform Services team is currently growing! We’re seeking an Application System Analyst.
The primary responsibility of Application System Analyst is to provide exceptional support services to all business units within the enterprise. Working closely with the Corporate Technology, Infrastructure Specialists and Systems Architects and Applications Systems Specialists you will be responsible for assisting in the planning, managing, and support of the company’s Transfer Agency and Document Imaging solutions
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Application System Analyst role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Application System Analyst?
- Develop, test, and maintain interactive Adobe forms.
- Interact with business stakeholders to interpret business requirements and rules
- Collaborate with QA teams and documentation personnel in developing test plans and user documentation.
- Provide second level application support, resolving technical queries and communicating solutions directly to customers
- Monitor and respond to open tickets submitted through an incident management system
- Monitor systems alerts – troubleshoot and escalation if alerts cannot be resolved.
- Prioritization and handling of service requests and incidents within predetermined SLAs
- Generate ad hoc queries to satisfy inter-departmental needs
- Development, administration, maintenance and analysis of business reports, views and reporting systems
- Create and maintain customized database reports and perform data analysis.
- Design, modify and maintain custom reports and data extracts
- Technical resource for functional testing for internally developed and enhanced applications utilized by both head office staff and IPC advisor’s
What traits and competencies should an Application System Analyst possess?
- Relationships - Able to foster and maintain excellent relationships with IPC Head Office staff and other key stakeholders. Comfortable working both in a team environment & individually on assigned tasks.
- Excellent planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills - Must be able to mange and monitor multiple tasks across multiple matrix projects and timelines. Must have good general knowledge of project management methodology. Ability to understand issues and provide solutions in a timely fashion.
- Work Ethics - Must be detail-oriented and quality-driven. Able to meet short deadlines.
- Communication - Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical people, be able to convey the effort involved in various projects, as well as have the ability to relay any findings found while researching new products and services.
- Organizational skills and time management – Able to multi-task, prioritize and should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What are the preferred qualifications for an Application System Analyst?
- Professional Experience - Minimum 1-2 years work experience in a similar role, Strong SQL Scripting Skills, Exposure SQL Server SSIS and SSRS, Exceptional troubleshooting skills, Experience with numerous environments and architectures.
- Working knowledge of the following applications: Visual Studio, JBOSS, Apache, Microsoft 365, Salesforce Administration
- Education Requirements - Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences preferred or equivalent experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry.
- Computer knowledge - Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite of products, mainly Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access. Ability to generate various reports and maintain & execute SQL scripts. Eager to learn emerging technologies.
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.