Application Systems Specialist - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Application Systems Specialist
Application Systems Specialist — Information Technology
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Enterprise Platform Services team is currently growing! We’re seeking an Application Systems Specialist.
The primary responsibility of the Application Systems Specialist is to provide exceptional support services to all business units within the enterprise. Working closely with the various teams within Delivery & Technology at IPC, you will be responsible for assisting in the planning, managing, and support of the company’s Transfer Agency Systems
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Application Systems Specialist role with you in mind.
What is the role of an Application Systems Specialist?
- Perform daily system and application monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform application installation and/ or upgrades
- Responsible for synchronizing and migrating databases between UAT, Regression, FIT, Training and Production environments
- Automate SQL scripts and processes where appropriate using SSIS/ SSRS
- Generate ad-hoc SQL queries to satisfy inter-departmental needs
- Development, administration, maintenance and analysis of business reports, views and reporting systems
- Design, modify and maintain custom reports and data extracts
- First and second line application support, resolving technical queries and communicating solutions directly to customers
- Monitor and respond to open tickets submitted through an incident management system
- Monitor systems alerts – troubleshoot and escalation if alerts cannot be resolved
- Prioritization and handling of service requests and incidents within predetermined SLAs
- Engage with third-party software vendors to ensure issues are progressed and relevant information is provided for troubleshooting or clarifying issues
- Contribute to departmental initiatives and identification of opportunities for process improvement
- Improve and document the technical processes around application support
What traits and competencies should an Application Systems Specialist possess?
- Able to foster and maintain excellent relationships with IPC Head Office staff and other key stakeholders. Comfortable working both in a team environment & individually on assigned tasks
- Must be able to manage and monitor multiple tasks across multiple matrix projects and time lines. Must have good general knowledge of project management methodology. Ability to understand issues and provide solutions in a timely fashion
- Must be detail-oriented and quality-driven. Able to meet short deadlines
- Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical people, be able to convey the effort involved in various projects, as well as have the ability to relay any findings found while researching new products and services
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What are the preferred qualifications for an Application Systems Specialist?
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong MS SQL skills
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Experience with numerous environments and architectures
- Working knowledge of the following applications: Visual Studio, JBOSS and Apache web server
- Development experience is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences preferred or equivalent experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite of products, mainly Outlook, Excel, Word and Access. Ability to generate various reports and maintain & execute SQL scripts. Eager to learn emerging technologies
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
- Awesome hybrid working environment
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.