Associate Manager Finance - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Associate Manager, Finance
Associate Manager, Finance — Finance
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success? Our Accounting team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Associate Manager for our Finance division.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Associate Manager Finance role with you in mind.
What is the role?
- Supports the preparation of the interim and annual financial statements and management reports of the fund performance (MRFP) for mutual funds and pooled funds.
- Managing project plans and coordinating with auditors (including CSOX) meeting all internal and regulatory deadlines
- Monthly reporting and analysis of Fund activity, including Sales, Redemptions and Transfers.
- Reviewing/Compiling Fund transactions and/or Fund NAV details for the Ontario Securities Commission and various other regulatory institution disclosures
- Accounting activities for IPC, including the preparation of monthly internal financials, variance analysis, analysis that support revenues earned, in depth analysis of expenses, journal entry approval and review of account reconciliations
- Create various models that support the business units, revenue, expenses, profitability, and projections
- Preparing/reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements reporting (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cashflow, Notes to Financial Statements, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of various presentations for senior management including reports to the Board
- Monthly consolidation and reporting process across IPC Finance and coordinating with IGM reporting for IGM consolidation.
- Assist the Tax team with inquiries related to both Corporate and Fund taxes.
- Responsibility for the IPC’s company’s disbursement accounting and related controls, including Vendor and Employee Payments including Amex Travel & Hotel reimbursements.
What traits and competencies that should be possessed?
- Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of the organization, a high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and flexibility.
- Proven ability to coach, train and lead staff to enhance their skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, proactive at problem-solving with strong organizational and time management skills.
What are the preferred qualifications?
- 5-7 years relevant experience in investment accounting in the financial services industry. Minimum 2 years within a leadership role is required.
- Minimum completion of post-secondary education in business with a specialization in accounting. Accounting designation is required.
- Thorough knowledge Mutual Funds and investment accounting standards and reporting practices and solid experience in financial reporting for investment portfolios.
- Must be extremely proficient at using the Microsoft Office suite of products, mainly MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Access to support other groups is an asset.
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
- Awesome hybrid working environment
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.