Chief Compliance Officer - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Chief Compliance Officer
Chief Compliance Officer — Compliance
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Compliance team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Chief Compliance Officer – someone who is an engaging leader and an effective communicator, capable of articulating concepts to enhance the knowledge of others. You incorporate an appropriate balance of risk management and business needs. You bring clarity and focus to your work. You can identify issues requiring escalation. You build strong partnerships to ensure goals are achieved. You are an autonomous self-starter with increased effectiveness for adverse benchmarks.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Chief Compliance Officer role with you in mind. This role reports to the SVP, Chief Compliance Officer, IGM Financial Inc. and will have shared reporting to the UDP and President of IPC’s distribution networks.
What is the role of the Chief Compliance Officer?
- Drive innovation, efficiency and change to ensure compliance becomes seamlessly integrated into the sales process to make it easier to do business and put our clients’ interest first
- Lead a large team of compliance professionals in a dynamic and engaging manner to ensure for the long-term success of the department and career opportunities within
- Support the compliance management team by ensuring compliance with provincial securities laws, regulations, and rules of conduct, and applicable SRO regulation in every aspect of the business
- Establish and maintain effective compliance and enterprise risk management and control systems, including monitoring and reporting on the efficacy of these programs
- Provide regular coaching, mentorship and one-on ones to direct and indirect reports
- Contribute and lead the development of our growing line of business in the context of our managed account supervision area, including oversight of Investment Policy Statement activities, training programs and surveillance applications
- Update and establish policies and procedures in accordance with all relevant legislation and regulation
- Develop training programs and communications for our Advisors and staff
- Ensure branch level supervision is performed and compliance procedures are met for anti-money laundering, privacy and other related federal and provincial regulatory requirements
- Act as Chief Privacy Officer and Chief AML Officer in accordance with all associated regulatory expectations
- Provide advice and guidance to business units in response to regulatory developments and consult on projects
- Lead projects for implementation of new policies and practices required by regulatory change
- Lead regulatory audits through to successful resolution
- Liaise with provincial regulators & participate in industry associations to keep informed of regulatory developments, best practices, industry trends and issues and maintain regulatory awareness among business units
- Promote a “proactive” compliance culture within the organization with an open, receptive and responsive attitude towards compliance and regulations.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution, including, motivating in-depth cooperation between the front, mid and back offices to achieve a holistic view of our overall business and drive efficiencies in the execution of all associated processes and transactions.
- Maintain regulatory awareness amongst business units, monitor and report on compliance and liaise with regulators and internal auditors.
- Participate in and potentially lead various committees at both the IPC and IGM level
- Quarterly Board Reporting on matters of regulatory compliance and risk
What traits and competencies should a Chief Compliance Officer?
- Highly experienced investment industry management background with excellent working knowledge of rules, regulation and applicable legislation.
- Advanced reading, writing and communication ability
- Relationship-building skills with a commitment to establishing long-term client relationships in an Advisor friendly environment
- Ability to think critically, use sound judgment, and make strategic risk-based decisions
- Ambition to strive for collaboration and embrace a team philosophy
- Strong people leadership skills
- Innovative approach to business development
- Detail oriented, self-starter with strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and deal with interruptions while working within strict deadlines
What are the preferred qualifications for a Chief Compliance Officer?
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant business discipline with approximately 15 years of relevant experience and 5+ years of people leadership with excellent working knowledge of MFDA and IIROC regulatory rules.
- Maintain necessary proficiency to be registered as a Chief Compliance Officer in accordance with provincial securities laws. Additional proficiency and certification considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of SMA programs and Managed Account Supervision
- Proven track record of successfully leading regulatory audits
- Must have industry experience and familiarity with products, distribution, and marketing and a strong understanding of the current laws, regulations and guidance that govern the industry as well as trends
- Past experience with Board reporting
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name