Corporate Portfolio Manager - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Corporate Portfolio Manager
Corporate Portfolio Manager — Compliance
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Compliance team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Corporate Portfolio Manager – someone who is responsible for playing a key role in developing the compliance framework for managed account programs, delivering registrant training, promoting a culture of compliance and building awareness to the importance of risk management.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Corporate Portfolio Manager role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Corporate Portfolio Manager?
- Supervise and train portfolio managers and associate portfolio managers performing discretionary portfolio management as part of IPCSC’s managed account programs, including the supervision of and/or approval of investment decisions and mandates, portfolio construction, and asset allocations, creating model portfolios, formulating and reviewing investment policy statements, and reviewing and determining suitability for investment decisions.
- Perform reviews and approvals of account details and documentation for managed accounts to ensure compliance with IPCSC policies and procedures and securities regulations.
- Supervise the activities of an assigned group of associate portfolio managers and portfolio managers, and from time-to-time, perform all Tier 1 daily and monthly trade reviews as well as reviewing and approving all new accounts, in accordance with IPCSC policies and procedures and securities regulations.
- Develop and strengthen compliance frameworks for the supervision of managed accounts.
- Conduct and oversee investment due-diligence on sub-advisors and investment products from time to time;
- Participate on various committees such as portfolio management committees and managed account committees.
- Review and approve advertisements, sales communications and marketing activities in accordance with IPCSC policies and procedures and securities regulations.
What traits and competencies should a Corporate Portfolio Manager possess?
- Participate in various compliance projects, assignments and initiatives as directed from time to time.
- Participate in the development and delivery of training materials and programs to existing IPCSC Portfolio Managers.
- Make recommendations where applicable for improvements to the IPCSC managed account program as required.
- Perform reviews of all business locations being supervised and reporting on the status of compliance.
What are the preferred qualifications for a Corporate Portfolio Manager?
- Registered with IIROC as a Portfolio Manager, who is not currently in the period of close supervision is required
- Completion of CIM and/or CFA is required
- Completion of the CSI Branch Managers Course within the past 3 years is required
- CSI Options Licensing, Options Supervisory Courses, Partners, Directors and Officers Senior Qualifying Examination are an asset
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
- Awesome hybrid working environment
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.