Developer - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Developer — Information Technology
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest-growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our IT team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Developer – someone who can work with an experienced development team developing and supporting high-quality software solutions in an agile environment. If you are some one who is constantly looking to innovate in technology and find ways to improve, this role is for you.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Developer role with you in mind.
What is the role of a Developer?
- Supervise the Development team in developing in-house software-based applications, services & processes through coding best practices and a solid DevOps process pipeline
- Offer subject-matter expertise on all homegrown code, application business logic and technical details.
- Work with the business SMEs and stakeholders during project discovery phases to explain and illustrate complex application business logic and development-related concepts
- Manage merge conflicts in source control and develop a healthy code merge strategy within the team
- Assist the team in efficiently perform a code merge during parallel development streams and resolve conflicts
- Perform code reviews on a regular basis to ensure all code is developed using IGM Secure Coding Standards and general industry best practices for programming.
- Support the Development team in producing accurate technical specification documents for software applications developed in-house and oversee documentation of code consistently throughout the development process
- Oversee and manage code in source control by ensuring healthy branching/merging practices and clean check-ins
What traits and competencies should a Developer possess?
- Strong knowledge and experience building interactive and intuitive web applications using C# ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, EF and client-side frameworks like Angular JS.
- Strong knowledge and experience in relational database design using MS SQL Server and the development of stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, and query optimization techniques.
- Must be able to develop REST APIs from ground-up using .NET Framework. Candidate must be proficient in implementing authentication and authorization functionality to secure the APIs using industry-standard auth mechanisms.
- Must have experience in using Microsoft BI tools including SSRS, SSIS and ability to write as well as troubleshoot complex SSIS packages involving complex workflows.
What are the preferred qualifications for a Developer?
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences preferred or equivalent academic qualification
- Microsoft (or relevant) certification that demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft technologies including ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework and SQL.
- Writing technical requirements, solution documents and producing documentation/illustrations that assist with relaying technical concepts to non-technical business partners, SMEs & stakeholders
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.