HRBP - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner — Human Resources
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
What sets organizations apart from others is the employee experience their team members have when doing what they love to do every day. At Investment Planning Counsel our people come first and our HR team partners with business leaders to ensure this continues to be our focus by implementing programs that foster our amazing culture.
With change being the only constant these days, we too are evolving and are looking for a new HR Business Partner with a passion for building strong relationships and bringing programs that foster a remarkable employee experience to life.
With a passion for building relationships with leaders and team members alike and implementing programs that enhance the employee experience, you are looking for an opportunity to work in a team setting within a fast-paced environment. The investment industry is changing rapidly and we are looking for someone who will act as a partner in supporting our existing human resources team, leaders and team members in the business
Success in this role looks like:
- An HR Business Partner who establishes strong relationships with leaders and team members to understand their needs
- A strong communicator with ability to provide guidance on people and organizational issues including talent management and employee relations
- An analytical thinker with strong attention to detail who can collaborate with teams on employment matters with the bigger picture in mind
- A strong team player interested in partnering on forward thinking people focus projects and initiatives to improve the employee experience and develop the talent strategy
- Participating in company wide initiatives that translate business needs into HR solutions
- A quick learner who takes the initiative to ensure they understand the unique roles within the organization
- Staying abreast and current with what is happening within the industry and identifying learning requirements accordingly
- Partner with business line to develop people component of business strategy including attracting and developing talent, engagement, and employee relations
What are the preferred qualifications for an HR Business Partner?
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- CHRP designation required
- Experience within the Financial Industry an asset
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong consultative skills in order to partner and build solid relationships with leaders
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to bring new innovative ideas and initiatives forward
- Ability to conduct independent research to create and contribute to program development and delivery that fit business needs
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.