Operations Communications Specialist - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Operations Communications Specialist
Operations Communications Specialist — Marketing & Communications
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Marketing & Communications team is currently growing! We’re seeking a full-time Operations Communication Specialist – someone who drives the creation and delivery of all business operational communications and ensures a strong and consistent brand which further enhances IPC’s commitment to helping Advisors build a better business. They will establish operational communications standards and processes for all corporate communications; works with all levels of the operations teams including senior management to support communications, writes/edits and oversees the quality of all content and communications produced operations wide.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Operations Communication Specialist role with you in mind.
What is the role?
- Plans, develops/writes/edits and project-manages communications for various operational business lines
- Work with members of the operations team and senior leadership to execute the day-to-day operational communications requirements for the business for internal and external audiences
- Consults and collaborates with business partners and leaders across the organization to develop key messaging and positioning for key business operational programs and initiatives for various audiences (internal and external).
- Responsible for the planning, creative content development using a variety of formats and execution of project-based communication plans
- Support operational business units to develop and execute key messages that promote understanding of operational processes and key operational initiatives and/or applications
- Ensures consistent application of the operational communications process
What traits and competencies should be possessed?
- Creative with excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively and capacity for dealing with tight deadlines
- A strong team player, yet a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality
- Able to comfortably pitch in and support other team members as and when needed
- Comfortable building relationships with key stakeholders and thrives in creating a positive and helpful experience for all business partners
- Highly organized, detail-oriented process addict
- Results-oriented and hungry for success
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What are the preferred qualifications?
- 6-8 years experience in communications. Experience in dealer business operations, investor relations, and mutual fund industry is a strong asset
- Post-secondary degree in journalism/communications and/or business
- Strong editing and proof-reading skills
- Excellent research skills to uncover and identify key sources of information from our business operational teams
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft office, specifically Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, email and content management systems
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
- Awesome hybrid working environment
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.