Product Analyst - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Product Analyst — Product Management
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Product Management team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Product Analyst – someone who will support and drive analysis of key opportunities for the IPC product suite, help develop and communicate product positioning for the sales team, marketing collateral, product education efforts, and collaborate with cross-functional business teams to meet the needs of our advisors and clients. The incumbent will also create and deliver relevant recommendations to the team, department, and organization.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Product Analyst role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Product Analyst?
- Conduct market research and industry analysis to support the development or modification of new and existing product initiatives to enhance client experience and business results.
- Analysis of product competitiveness and development of product communication materials for internal educational/training materials in support of our retail and institutional product offerings.
- Support the communication of research/analysis/insights to stakeholders to assist in business development initiatives, management decision-making and strategic planning activities.
- Create and oversee product suite database and be responsible for answering questions along with other members of the Product Management team.
- Assist with thought leadership commentary, supporting new ideas and the execution of market-leading initiatives to support IPC Advisors.
What traits and competencies should a Product Analyst possess?
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Relationship-building skills to develop and maintain relationships across the organization
- Ability to leverage technology to enhance analysis and execution
- Ability to think critically and use sound judgment
- Ability to communicate your analysis and findings to business partners including business development teams
- Open-minded with a desire to learn and to drive business results
What are the preferred qualifications for a Product Management Analyst?
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business/finance/economics
- Working knowledge of retail investment products
- 2-4 years previous experience related to retail investments
- Completion of CSC/IFIC required or working toward completion
- Knowledge of Canadian regulatory requirements governing the manufacturing and distribution of retail and institutional investment products
- Knowledge of MFDA and/or IIROC rules
- Working proficiency with Morningstar Direct and other industry analytical tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Goal oriented at an individual and team level
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name