Project Management Assistant - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Project Management Assistant
Project Management Assistant — Enterprise Delivery Office
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience.
As part of the IGM family of companies, we are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Enterprise Delivery Office (EDO) team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Project Management Assistant – someone who supports the EDO team deliver end products that meet or exceeds client expectations. Supporting Project Managers throughout the project life cycle, Business Analysts through requirements gathering and IPC management with Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Project Management Assistant role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Project Management Assistant?
- Supporting IPC leaders in all aspects for PPM;
- Assisting EDO Manager during annual planning process and project intake,
- Maintaining all data related to Portfolio Project Management – project data, resource information, benefits,
- Analysis and reporting on PPM performance.
- Assisting Program/Project Managers in the daily activities of project management;
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets and project logs,
- Minute taking and distribution, presentation preparation, status reporting and project management KPI analysis and reporting,
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks/methodologies and all documentation is maintained appropriately for all projects.
- Supporting EDO Manager with maintaining all project management artifacts – Framework, PMM and templates.
- Management of smaller scale (limited scope, short duration) projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
What traits and competencies should a Project Management Assistant possess?
- Opening to learning and a desire to build a career in project management
- Work well as a team member, as well as independently
- Ability to leverage technology to enhance client experiences
- Ability to think critically and use sound judgment when serving clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What are the preferred qualifications for a Project Management Assistant?
- Post-secondary education in Business required
- Understanding of project management lifecycles, frameworks and methodologies
- Understanding of project management software – MS Project etc.
- Completion of CSC/IFIC is an asset
- Smartsheet experience
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.