Tax & Estate Specialist - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Tax & Estate Specialist
Tax & Estate Specialist — Operations, IIROC
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our IIROC Operations team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Tax & Estate Specialist – someone who can provide exceptional client service and support to existing advisors and sales assistants to ensure a high level of accuracy and timely transactional processing. They will be responsible for the Tax, Estate and Specialized Processing duties supporting IIROC Operations.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Tax & Estate Specialist in mind.
What is the role of the Tax & Estate Specialist?
The Tax & Estate Specialist is responsible for analyzing documentation and processing the settlement of estate and trust matters on client accounts to provide accurate information regarding settlement.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing specialized knowledge in estate and legal document administration to internal and external clients.
- Analyzing information and documentation provided by internal and external clients to ensure the accurate administration and settlement of estate and trust matters.
- Understanding tax-reporting requirements (including taxable trusts) on all estate settlements in accordance with the Income Tax Act (Canada).
- Helping maintain accuracy on IPCC.ca websites (intra), and any external and internal correspondence (i.e. Q & A’s, Administrative Guide, Policy & Procedures etc.).
- Evaluating system / process flows and recommend changes.
- Conducting research as required.
- Performing any other task or function that may be assigned from time to time.
The experience you bring:
- 5 years’ securities industry experience, preferred
- 5 years’ experience in estate/trust administration and tax, preferred
- Extensive knowledge of registered and non-registered plan administration, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent years of direct experience required
- Completion of CSC or IFIC, preferred
- Strong communication and email writing skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Listening Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
What traits and competencies should a Tax & Estate Specialist possess?
- Relationship-building skills with a commitment to establishing long-term relationships
- Ability to leverage technology to enhance the client’s experiences
- Ability to think critically and use sound judgment when serving clients
- Experience in registered products a major asset
- Ability to handle high volumes; time management is essential
- Ability to listen actively, understand and give advice
What are the preferred qualifications for a Tax & Estate Specialist?
- Post-secondary education
- Completion of CSC/IFIC preferred
- Proven ability to put the client first
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Goal oriented at an individual and team level
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.