Corporate Branch Manager - MFDA — Compliance, Advisor Services
Work as part of a team focused on developing strong relationships with branch managers and representatives in the area of regulatory compliance and risk management to ensure that IPCIC and its mutual fund salespersons and branch managers comply with firm policies and procedures as well as rules, regulation and policies of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA) and applicable securities regulation.
The responsibility of the Corporate Branch Manager – MFDA is to perform daily supervisory functions over all Advisors as assigned, ensuring appropriate supervision is performed and evidence of such supervision is maintained, in accordance with MFDA Rules and IPCIC Policies and Procedures. The Corporate BM - MFDA is also responsible for delivering registrant training, promoting a culture of compliance and building awareness to the importance of risk management.
RESPONSIBILITY: Advisor and Branch Supervision
- Supervise the activities of an assigned group of Advisors; fulfilling all requirements for Tier 1 supervision as defined within MFDA Policy 2, IPCIC’s Standard Operating Procedures and IPCIC Policies and Procedures. These duties include but are not limited to: Daily NAAF, KYC and Trade Approval and Marketing Approvals as received
- Monitoring for compliance with IPCIC and MFDA standards of conduct
- Following up, monitoring and tracking inquires and/or deficiencies, taking corrective action where required
- Provide initial and ongoing review and approval of leverage proposals and transactions in leveraged accounts
- Periodic vacation and absence coverage for other Branch Managers
- Participate in various compliance projects, assignments and initiatives as requested from time to time
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting to Compliance Management on the status of said supervision
RESPONSIBILITY: Oversight visits
- Perform reviews of all business locations being supervised on a rotational basis and reporting on the status of compliance.
- Monitoring for appropriate controls and other areas of potential risk and/or fraud
- Provide for training or guidance to Advisors where required
RESPONSIBILITY: Advisor Education, Training and Support
- Assist and support MFDA Advisors to ensure that they fully understand the requirements set out in IPCIC’s National Policies and Procedures Manual, the rules, policies and by-laws of the MFDA, and all Compliance Bulletins
- Participate in the development and delivery of educational materials and programs to IPCIC Advisors
- Respond and/or troubleshoot Advisor inquiries or problems
Professional Experience - Minimum 5 years experience within the Financial Industry, within an MFDA or IIROC dealership
Education Requirements – Undergraduate degree in Business or related discipline; completion and current Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CSI), Branch Manager (CSI) and/or IFSE equivalents is mandatory.
Industry Experience – Experience working on the MFDA Dealer Compliance environment with a good working knowledge of Univeris and NBCN platform and/or other back office software solutions preferred
Communication - Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely the goals and objectives of the organization to all stakeholders. Must be able to effectively communicate to various audiences and all levels of staff. Positive and collaborative approach to team work and effective listener. Possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to quickly review/approve various Compliance/Trade documents
Organizational skills and time management – Able to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines. Should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and detail oriented. Various key responsibilities requires strong time management skills; strong ability to manage various documents is required
Ability to multi-task – Ability to oversee/manage multiple projects effectively and a capacity for dealing with tight deadlines
Computer software – Must be extremely proficient at using the Microsoft Office suite of products, mainly MS Word and Excel
Travel - Must be able to travel across Canada and have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record. Must have an access to reliable vehicle.
Work Hours – Standard business hours; some additional work outside of these hours may be required from time to time.