Private Wealth Associate — Portfolio Management
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Portfolio Management team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Private Wealth Associate – someone who is detailed oriented and dedicated to excellence. The Private Wealth Associate is responsible for the timely and accurately implementation of the Private Wealth Portfolios, execution of client redemption and contribution requests, and supporting advisors on the administration of their Private Wealth accounts. The PWA will be integral in assisting the Overlay Portfolio Manager in the ongoing monitoring of IPC Private Client portfolios and compliance reviews.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Private Wealth Associate role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Private Wealth Associate?
Assist Overlay Portfolio Manager with ongoing oversight & portfolio management
- Produce and review portfolio management reports for tax loss harvesting and rebalancing
- Ongoing monitoring of accounts for systematic withdrawals, cash balances, etc.
- Co-ordinate trading instructions between Overlay Portfolio Manager and NBCN trade desk
- Manage and maintain all instructions and reports in an organized and accessible manner to satisfy compliance obligations and fiduciary duties
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in the quarterly review of client statements
Provide sales support for IPC Private Wealth
- Liaison between the Advisor, Business Development, Operations and Overlay Portfolio Manager
- Support advisors on the effective completion and delivery of the Private Wealth account opening documentation and training of their administration staff on the account opening process
- Ensure excellence in end to end process to migrate IPC Private Wealth prospects to clients
Assist in the growth and enhancement of the IPC Private Wealth Program
- Actively participate in committees to improve the operational and sales experience of advisors and their clients in the program
- Actively share information with all team members to enhance the offering
What traits and competencies should a Private Wealth Associate possess?
- Experienced in IIROC back office operations
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Detailed oriented and committed to accuracy
- Relationship-building skills with a commitment to establishing long-term client relationships
- Ability to think critically and use sound judgment when serving clients
What are the preferred qualifications for a Private Wealth Associate?
- Post-secondary education
- Completion of CSC/IFIC preferred
- Proven ability to put the client first
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to listen actively, understand and give advice
- Goal oriented at an individual and team level
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name