Project Manager — Project Office
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our Project Management Office team is currently growing! We’re seeking a Project Manager – someone who plans, directs and manages risk for the complex projects to deliver against stated business objectives and to schedule, budget and scope. As a consultative business partner, the Project Manager is responsible for leading complex, strategic and cross-functional initiatives from initiation through to closure, managing working team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Project Manager role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Project Manager?
- Lead, manage and coordinate all aspects of project delivery including defining project scope, specifying deliverables, estimating project duration and effort, creating detailed project plans, schedules and managing change requests
- Successfully manage several projects simultaneously, applying sound project management principles and methodologies, creating all project artifacts as required
- Continuous application of risk and opportunity management to maximize business benefits
- Support project sponsors in the development of project proposals and business cases
- Drive project according to timeline and through issue resolution to deliver expected results
- Communicate and champion the project vision and strategies to the broader organization and stakeholders
- Act as escalated liaison between business sponsors and executive sponsor to ensure high priority decisions are rendered to maintain project time lines
- Issue appropriate status updates and cascade communication on decisions/direction to the team
- Identify and consider potential opportunities by analyzing the efficiency of specific practices and procedures used by the project team; make related proposals and recommendations
- Work with the PMO to share best practices, define and update standards and processes that contribute to continuous improvements within the team
What traits and competencies should a Project Manager possess?
- Excellent relationship building, planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving ability required
- Must be able to manage and monitor multiple tasks across multiple matrix projects and time lines
- Highly developed knowledge of project management practices, procedures and principles.
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written, to convey or present factual and conceptual information on issues which require detailed explanation and interpretation
- Well-developed influencing skills sufficient to resolve distinct problems and/or negotiate appropriate solutions
- Outside-of-the box thinker with abilities to see the global ecosystem of the organization and drive project to deliver effective results and value
What are the preferred qualifications for a Project Manager?
- degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of project methodologies (Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid), systems development and technical environments
- Project Management certification (PMP, PRINCE2) or similar qualification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive project management experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Project, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Word
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.