Learning & Development Specialist - IPCC Corporate
Current Opportunities (Hero)
Learning & Development Specialist
Learning & Development Specialist — Learning & Development
With your background, skills and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success?
Our team is currently growing! We’re seeking someone to deliver training to our IPC Advisor Network and internal partners on our systems, our internal business processes and industry best practices. Someone to develop and deliver content for eLearning and live sessions.
Someone to take the lead and collaborate with internal partners to drive continuous improvement of existing processes.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
At Investment Planning Counsel we’ve designed every aspect of the Learning & Development Specialist role with you in mind.
What is the role of the Learning & Development Specialist?
- Deliver training material, methodologies, and procedures produced in live settings (conference, seminar, branch training), written form (manuals, guides etc.), and eLearning environment (Webinar, eLearning modules, etc.)
- Support and train internal and external stakeholders on the IPC Technology Suite, business practices, and procedures
- Maintain and understand current business processes within the various business units, and within the investment industry
- Regularly attend and present at IPC Advisor functions as required such as the IPC Fall Conference and Regional Conferences
- Aid various departments and project teams in the institution of processes and procedures to map current business processes that provide a foundation for defining business activities
- Design training modules and material by identifying information and methods for systematically running through processes and methods
- Prepare and maintain training and systems deployment material in conjunction with development efforts and strategies
- Participate in related systems development efforts as needed to provide input and contribute to a comprehensive development strategy
- Systematically and periodically review and update online training manuals to ensure they remain current with each software release
- Continuously strive to improve our processes and service to provide superior services that anticipate the needs of our branches
- Manage and report progress against commitments to Business Units on a periodic or as needed basis
- Produce monthly administrative reports
What traits and competencies should a Learning & Development Specialist possess?
- Solid understanding of e-learning principles and techniques to apply with adult learners
- Relationship-building skills with a commitment to establishing long-term internal/external partner relationships
- Ability to leverage technology to enhance client experiences
- Ability to think critically and use sound judgment when serving clients
- Effectively manage multiple priorities
What are the preferred qualifications for a Learning & Development Specialist?
- Minimum 4 years’ experience within the Financial Industry, ideally within a Training position or within Sales
- Undergraduate degree in Business
- Completion and current, Canadian Securities Course (CSC) preferred or IFIC is an asset
- Must have general knowledge of overall operational process and understand how to access specific process expertise to accomplish the required task.
- Must be extremely proficient at using the Microsoft Office suite of products, mainly MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in video development and eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate, or Lectora are an asset.
- Occasional travel within Canada is required
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license with excellent driving record and access to a reliable vehicle
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
If someone you know sounds like a great fit for this role, send them this job posting and encourage them to apply!
If you continue in the selection process, please notify us of any particular accommodation you might require. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.