IMPORTANT NOTICE: This Policy explains how cookies are used enterprise-wide on Investment Planning Counsel’s website(s). In this Agreement, “we”, “our” and “us” mean, as applicable, any Investment Planning Counsel company, subsidiary or any program or joint venture any of these parties participates in (otherwise referred to as “affiliates”); “you” and “your” means an individual who has visited any Investment Planning Counsel website. This Policy may be amended from time to time. By using this site you agree to the placement of cookies on your computer in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If you do not wish to accept cookies from Investment Planning Counsel’s site(s) please take the required steps to disable cookies.
1. What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a piece of data that a web server creates when you visit a web site. This data is information about how and when you use a site. It is placed on your computer, smartphone, smart TV or tablet (“online device”) in the form of a small text file. There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire when you leave the site. Session cookies allow the website to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online basket.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your online device between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable the website to "recognize" you on your return, remember your preferences, and tailor services to you.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our website(s).
- Advertising: Investment Planning Counsel may deliver online advertisements tailored to you or that may be of interest to you on third party websites, for remarketing or retargeting purposes, and to improve your customer experience on our sites. For more information on interest-based advertising see Section 4 (Interest-based Advertising) below.
- Security and verification: To help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use the website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
- Personalized Content: To remember how you have customized your use of this site, such as your preferred language.
3. Use of Third Parties
Google Analytics may collect your IP address or device identifier on the date you visit a site, but not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine information collected through the use of these third party providers with other personal information we may have about you.
4. Interest-based Advertising
Interest-based advertising allows us to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. It works by showing you advertisements that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with this and other sites.
As you browse our site(s), some of the cookies placed on your computer will be advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser that is based on these perceived interests. These cookies do not contain personal or financial information about you, but may contain a unique identifier required by the retargeting process. If you access one of these ads, we may also track the response rate and the website activity associated with it.
We also work with third party advertising providers who collect and use information about your visits to this and other sites (but not your name, email address, postal address or phone number) to show you advertising that may be of interest to you. This includes the advertising displayed on our sites and the Investment Planning Counsel advertising you may be shown when you are on other third party websites.
Even if you opt out, you may still receive Investment Planning advertising. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customized for you.
6. Refusing Cookies
You can limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies on your browser. You may also be able to modify your browser settings to require your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. However, our website(s) (and many other websites) rely on cookies to enable certain functionality. If you choose to disable cookies, some of the services available on our website may not work properly.
7. Non-Investment Planning Counsel Websites and Links
8. Caution regarding automatic Cookie Functionality
Browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer allow you to store passwords and logon IDs so you do not need to re-enter this information each time you access a web site. Investment Planning Counsel strongly urges you NOT to use this functionality to prevent unauthorized use of any online accounts you may have.
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will display the changed Policy on our website. We encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed.